Create Your Own App Store

* expiredrpgs > Topics

Subject: Redemption Reapers
Replies: 28 Views: 913

warded 22.12.23 - 07:05pm
redalert.GIF Hidden Jam Alert !!

For Nintendo Switch, Sony Playstation 4 and 5. *

warded 22.03.24 - 03:35pm
tea.GIF We'll see is it or is it not a hidden gem, soon. I'm going in blind. All i know is the name and the box screentshots don't show much of anything lol EDIT: I paid 47 euros for the game. Is worth it? Can't say... Before finishing it that is. *

warded 22.03.24 - 06:51pm
Okay, so it is a strategy game kinda like Fire Emblem etc. Though it makes FE games look way more cartoony. *

warded 23.03.24 - 06:39pm
(( also yes. it is a reference to the web series called NOW IN THE 90S. Also when writing this the phrase STILL does not give results in google and google replaces jam with gem without asking lol )) *

warded 23.03.24 - 09:44pm
The graphics are somewhere around the witcher and maybe some diablo. The gameplay is more or less shamelessly lifted from Fire Emblem and other contemporaries. So far the ally AI is not completely pants-on-head r*tarded either, which is a good thing. *

warded 24.03.24 - 07:52pm
There is no permadeath. Also the cursor is on easy by default when starting a new game. Normal does not seem too hard... so far. *

warded 24.03.24 - 08:08pm
The game is not a carbon copy of FE either. Instead of Vulneraries we have draughts. One per character and can be used once. There are few swirly things on the map where you can refill both HP and the used draught. When or who you use it on adds a bit of depth to the battles i guess. Also the skill system is deeper than in FE. I personally save SP for the skills that directly increase attack. *

warded 24.03.24 - 08:15pm
The flow is fairly basic... Tanks / High DMG dealers go in first to lure enemies closer and then you kick some butts. In story mode there are chests and other stuff to pick up too. I do not know are they missable or not, but i'm not going to find out so i'll pick up everything before clearing a map/stage. *

warded 27.03.24 - 09:06pm
Even the tanks can take high damage from boss monsters. Learned that the hard way. Also the character positioning and follow up attacks matter too. Even those on defense action can do follow ups. So moving in groups is smart... Too bad the maps split up a bit and collectables are usually somewhat away so splitting up may be required. Also i've (accidentally) used the ''right'' character to pick up a treasure as it was their weapon type in the chest. *

warded 27.03.24 - 09:19pm
I do one story map and then the same map on skirmish mode and then again continue on a story map. Usually to get the characters that have lower levels up to speed with the others. I got lots of unused SP because i'm sort of saving it. Except for those who have the pure ATK+ skills. *

warded 27.03.24 - 09:22pm
The game has occasionally given some dialog options to pick from, but i have no idea do they lead to different outcomes or different stages/maps. *

warded 27.03.24 - 09:41pm
Enemies that enter the map mid-battle are aggressive and immediately come after you while (most) regular enemies are passive and only move when you step in to their field of vision/range. You can see enemy attack range by either pressing ZL while on the move or highlighting the one/s that you want to see by pressing A on them. *

warded 27.03.24 - 09:50pm
So far i would give the game a solid 8/10 as there is nothing particularly wrong with it. It is a competent SRPG. The maps are small enough to keep the load times short even on Nintendo Switch. *

warded 28.03.24 - 08:44pm
Glenn is a little overpowered as enemies literally do - NO DAMAGE - on him and he hits back at them fairly hard. He does not have the Hero's Resolve skill either. (It would break the game lol) *

warded 28.03.24 - 08:48pm
The game seems to get progressively easier, but you shouldn't get c*cky because you can still easily get wiped out if you don't use caution. The bow woman gets a healing skill that can help a bit. *

warded 28.03.24 - 08:56pm
Battles are usually like this: There is five of you and around thirty of them. sword.GIF There are various ways to dispatch enemies including the follow-up attacks. PROTIP: Even on Defense mode a character can do follow-up attacks. *

warded 29.03.24 - 02:31pm
Well... Got my first game over in chapter 9. Those exploding kamikaze enemies can be nasty if not taken out (preferably from a distance) before they touch you. Casually used my tank to hit one, got a MISS and the bug*er exploded dealing critical amount of damage basically 1-hit killing my tank... And after that like a house of cards my s**t fell apart and there was no escape.

On a retry, i played it safer and retreated back when/if required also knew when those bigger enemies would move with the knowledge from the failed attempt.

Also so far... i'd still give the game 8/10 (just because i got wrecked like a b*tch does not mean i would drop the score, unlike some people who might). *

warded 29.03.24 - 02:33pm
No moaning. Just a need to get good. beaten.GIF Like srsly, GiT GuD f*git!!1 *

warded 29.03.24 - 06:11pm
Actually the game does not get easier over time. *

warded 29.03.24 - 09:56pm
It actually feels rewarding to get through a seemingly tough fight even when losing one character during it.

Interestingly in chapter/stage 10 if you lose any character then your escape option is denied and it turns into an eliminate all fight. HELL YEAH , BRING IT BEETCHES !! *

warded 30.03.24 - 04:58pm
btw an evoker can not attack directly adjacent areas on the grid. so just surround it and it can't do anything lol EDIT: an evoker can do very high damage. heck, one could even one-shot kill one of your characters. We are talking like 15-20 damage. That is higher than the max HP of some of the troops. It is magic damage so armours don't mean sheet to it. wizard.GIF + like other enemies, an evoker must be lured to you so somebody has to take a hit... Just pray they do not die from it. *

warded 30.03.24 - 06:27pm
There is actually a possibility to run out of money in the game if you mismanage your funds.

Ingots obtaind from battles often just barely make up for the weapon repair fees. + some stat boosting items can cost a lot *

warded 30.03.24 - 06:47pm
The tank dude learned a self-healing skill. Cool, BUT too bad he has 10 max MP (or is it AP?) and the skill requires 12 wtf.GIF The designers/developers clearly have a twisted sense of humour. This still won't make me drop the game's rating i'm currently giving (8/10). Just need to make sure to not put SP to that skill before it can actually be used. *

warded 30.03.24 - 07:16pm
If a match starts off badly or goes sideways quickly... Just hit suspend and then load game from the main menu. Remember to save often too. Use multiple saves before and after battle prep and stuff. I've had to reload a previous save occasionally because i wasn't sure of or satisfied with the skill point allocation etc. *

warded 31.03.24 - 03:41am
Stay stingy and hold on to your SP. The characters keep learning new skills occasionally and some are more and some less useful. Also Butterfly Swing and Doublestrike CAN be used together which is kinda cool however like i said holding on to your SP is recommended because it costs plenty too, but at least such combinations are possible. Bonus points to developers for that too. good.GIF *

warded 31.03.24 - 03:02pm
Didregard that earlier comment, the AI can be reckless and dumb... And you can NOT heal them either. In chapter 11 they kept stepping into enemy FOV and the other one attacked enemies sometimes head-on and took damage from the counterattack. I had to make s**t up as i went because of them. The map also had at least four kamikazes and the boss kept sp*wning more sending them to you... I also missed a relic. Thankfully you can surround the boss and it won't do anything. Had the bow woman go pick that thing up while the AI bow guy kept shooting the boss not doing too much damage so managed to pick up the relic and then finished the boss off. *

warded 2.04.24 - 07:46pm
A weapon doesn't break/disappear when durability hits 0, but it does become unusable until fixed. Also Helvino Mines B skirmish gives more exp than the next map does. And it is relatively easy too. *

warded 8.04.24 - 10:00pm
Upgraded some weapons to +1. Also chapter 12 was fairly easy thanks to not having AI / NPC to protect. Only some villagers that ran for the exit directly. *

warded 24.04.24 - 08:16pm
Stopped playing this for Castlevania Advance Collection. Will return after i'm done with it. *

* expiredrpgs Forum

Search:
topics replies

* expiredrpgs

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search